Flent-users discussion archives
From: Pete Heist <peteheist@gmail.com>
To: Sebastian Moeller <moeller0@gmx.de>
Cc: flent-users@flent.org
Subject: Re: [Flent-users] IRTT question
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 21:01:52 +0100	[thread overview]

> On Feb 8, 2018, at 8:53 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Pete,
>> On Feb 8, 2018, at 20:49, Pete Heist <peteheist@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It should work, but the irtt server needs to be running. On your box where netserver is running (sounds like the Mac for you if you’re testing locally), run “irtt server”.
>
> 	Ah, that got me a bit further:
>
> which: Found irtt executable at /Users/smoeller/go/bin/irtt
> UDP RTT test: Cannot use irtt runner (Irtt connection check failed: Error: read udp4 192.168.1.222:63322->130.243.26.64:2112: read: connection refused
> ). Using netperf UDP_RR
>
> I guess I now need to poke a hole into my firewall to allow udp port 2112 incoming, no?

That could be the problem, assuming the IP looks correct. On my Mac (10.11.6) the first time the irtt server receives an incoming packet with the firewall turned on it pops up a dialog asking if I want to add an exception for irtt, which I answer yes to. That first connection then fails, but subsequent ones succeed. Hopefully that works for you? Thanks for being brave and trying it out… :)

Pete