* [Flent-users] [tohojo/flent] Flent v1.1.0
@ 2017-10-30 13:01 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2017-10-30 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: tohojo/flent; +Cc: Subscribed
[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2378 bytes --]
Changes since v1.0.1 include:
- A complete overhaul of the plotting code so that it now uses the exact
data points captured from the test tools wherever possible, instead of
interpolating values to align data points on the time axis. This
should improve the accuracy of plots, especially for integer-value
data series such as packet drops.
- The GUI has gained a new widget that makes it possible to control all
plot-related settings. Previously, only a few of the settings for
generating plots that are available on the command line could be set
from within the GUI; now, the full set of command line settings can be
manipulated in the GUI settings pane as well.
- Another rewrite of the plot layout algorithm which should result in
fewer issues with plot elements such as titles being drawn on top of
- More keyboard shortcuts in the GUI: Ctrl+Up/Down will move between
different plots, and x/X and y/Y will zoom the axes in/out.
- By default, batch run order is now randomised to prevent periodic
errors biasing results in long tests. This can be turned off with
the --batch-no-shuffle option.
- Netperf is now instructed to prefill its buffers with random data,
instead of the data packets consisting repeated 7-byte strings
('netperf'). This ensures that data flows are not trivially
compressible, which should improve test accuracy on encapsulated
connections that enable compression.
- Added support for setting TCP congestion control and diffserv markings
as test parameters for some tests.
- Added support for capturing socket statistics for TCP flows and store
them as an auxiliary data set. This makes it possible to capture
window size and RTT estimates from the kernel TCP state machine (Linux
only). Thanks to Matthias Tafelmeier for the initial implementation of
- Added support for watchdog timers to make sure runners don't go over
time. This is applied to the fping runner thus far.
- More metadata is captured from test runs; in particular, Netperf
TCP_INFO variables, the congestion control used for each flow and
socket buffer sizes are captured for every flow and stored in the
- Numerous bug fixes throughout.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 3355 bytes --]
[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 151 bytes --]
Flent-users mailing list
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-30 13:01 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-10-30 13:01 [Flent-users] [tohojo/flent] Flent v1.1.0 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox