* [Flent-users] [tohojo/flent] Release v2.0.0 - Flent v2.0.0
@ 2021-01-14 19:20 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2021-01-14 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: tohojo/flent; +Cc: Subscribed
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2690 bytes --]
Released on 2021-01-14.
This release drops support for Python 2 and Qt4, and associated older versions
of matplotlib. The major version bump is to signify this change; otherwise
consider this a (long overdue) regular incremental release over v1.3.0.
Changes since v1.3.0 include:
- Drop support for Python 2; the minimum required Python version is now 3.5.
- Drop support for old versions of libraries. The minimum supported version of
matplotlib is 1.5, and for the GUI, Qt 5 is required, using either PyQt or
PySide2. A new dependency on the 'QtPy' package is added to support both Qt
- Add parsing of WiFi device information as extended metadata (from Emilly
- Add the ping_markings test parameter for setting DSCP values on ping flows.
- Add new plot types to rrul_be, tcp_nup and related tests (from Pete Heist).
- Add multiple-inheritance support for batch files (from Pete Heist).
- Support running multiple instances of http-getter for HTTP tests, by supplying
the --http-getter-urllist option multiple times.
- Add new rrul_var test where the number of bidirectional streams can be
configured via the bidir_streams test parameter.
- Support output of aggregate statistics per series also in csv format (via the
- Make sure all underlying tools use the same values for symbolic diffserv
markings by parsing the symbolic names into numeric values before passing them
down to the tools.
- Support specifying custom symbolic diffserv markings using the --marking-name
options. This can be used to specify site-specific names for diffserv markings
(e.g., 'gaming') that can then be used when running a test.
- Support specifying the same hostname multiple times (for tests that take
multiple targets). Previously, this could only be achieved by using different
hostnames that all resolve to the same IP address; now, Flent will accept the
same hostname multiple times, but will turn append a number after two slashes
('//N') to the display of the hostname when doing so.
- Support ranges and wildcards in the --remote-hosts parameter for running test
runners remotely via SSH. For instance '--remote-host=1-3=host1' will run the
first three runners on 'host1', or '--remote-host=*=host2' will run all
runners on host2. If both concrete numbers (or ranges) and the wildcard are
specified, the concrete numbers will take precedence.
- Fix several bugs related to plotting, the loading of old data files and RC
files, running of commands etc.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 4826 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-14 19:20 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-01-14 19:20 [Flent-users] [tohojo/flent] Release v2.0.0 - Flent v2.0.0 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox