* Announcing Flent v0.12.2.
@ 2015-07-29 22:11 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2015-07-29 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: flent-announce; +Cc: flent-devel, flent-users
This is to announce v0.12.2 of Flent: The FLExible Network Tester.
Flent can be installed via pip by issuing pip install flent, or on Arch
Linux through the AUR. Pre-built packages are available for Debian and
This release includes a major refactoring of the plotting code, which
should make it easier to extend in the future. Please report any
regressions as bugs.
Other changes since v0.11.1:
* GUI restructuring: The plot settings now reside in a menu, the
metadata view defaults to the bottom part of the window, and a new
open files view has been added to make it easier to manage many open
files at once in the GUI.
* Revert to writing data files to the current directory by default. A
new parameter, -D, can optionally select a different output dir.
* The man page is now generated from the Sphinx documentation.
* Try to detect if the system `ping` utility produces parsable output
before using it. Should give nicer error messages on OSX if fping is
* Add a new qdisc-stats test which will periodically gather qdisc
statistics and a wlan-retries test which will gather WiFi retry
* New tests comparing different TCP congestion control algorithms have
* Add a --replace-legend parameter to do search/replace on legends when
* A test suite has been added containing basic unittests for parts of
the code. Test coverage is still fairly poor, but will be extended
going forward. Run `make test` to run the test suite (requires the
'mock' Python library).
* VoIP tests can now show loss rates.
* A bunch of bug fixes.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-07-29 22:11 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2015-07-29 22:11 Announcing Flent v0.12.2 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
Flent announcements archive
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://lists.flent.org/flent-announce
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V1 flent-announce flent-announce/ https://lists.flent.org/flent-announce \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git