* Announcing Flent v0.14.0
@ 2016-02-03 15:51 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2016-02-03 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: flent-announce; +Cc: flent-devel, flent-users
This is to announce v0.14.0 of Flent: The FLexible Network Tester.
This release adds mixins for capturing qdisc stats and CPU usage, adds
some convenience functions to the GUI and fixes a bunch of bugs, most
notably making the GUI work on Windows. Full changelog below.
Get the source from PyPi:
Packages for Ubuntu are available from my PPA:
For Debian on Open Build Service:
And for Arch on AUR:
As usual, please report bugs to the mailing list or on Github.
Changelog since v0.13.0:
- Batch mode: Try to estimate the total runtime of a batch and print it
before executing the batch itself.
- GUI: Add support for pinning a metadata item open when flipping
between tabs, and support adding columns to the open files view from
the metadata view. Both functions are available from the context menu
when right-clicking in the metadata view.
- Add test mixins to a bunch of tests making it possible to
simultaneously capture qdisc stats and/or CPU stats of one or more
hosts while the test is run. This works by setting the test parameters
qdisc_stats_hosts, qdisc_stats_interfaces and cpu_stats_hosts to
comma-separated lists of hosts and interface names. The functionality
relies on the tc_iterator and stats_iterator helper scripts.
- Add a C implementation of the tc_iterator helper script that works on
OpenWrt and also gives higher polling accuracy than the shell script.
- Add a kill_timeout setting for runners in test definitions which will
forcibly kill a subprocess after an interval (if it hasn't exited
- Add the tcp_upload_1000 test for seriously overloading things. On most
systems, increasing the ulimit is necessary to run this test.
- Support globbing selectors in plot configuration when specifying
datasets for a plot.
- Record number of failed runners (non-0 exit status) as a metadata key.
- GUI: Fix bugs in plot blitting on older matplotlibs, fix test running
without a pre-set HOST, fix bugs in draw cache handling, and restore
the GUI to a working state on Windows.
- Various bugfixes.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-02-03 15:51 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2016-02-03 15:51 Announcing Flent v0.14.0 Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
Flent announcements archive
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://lists.flent.org/flent-announce
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V1 flent-announce flent-announce/ https://lists.flent.org/flent-announce \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git