Flent-users discussion archives
* [Flent-users] Legend only once
@ 2022-08-09 11:47 Erik Taraldsen
From: Erik Taraldsen @ 2022-08-09 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flent-users

I'm trying to automate testing and graphing with flent.  For my purposes it
probably will make sense to use CDF and box plots.  However flent draws
them differently.  In the CDF plot the legend is off to the right.  For box
plot, the legend also is written vertically, and due to my long legends, is
quite unreadable.  Fiddling with all legend options I can find on cli I'm
not able to disable them.

Anybody with a way to disable them?

[image: tcp_upload_ping_cdf_R58YQ6.png]
[image: tcp_upload_R58YQ6.png]

[-- Attachment #2: tcp_upload_ping_cdf_R58YQ6.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 57985 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: tcp_upload_R58YQ6.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 58468 bytes --]

* [Flent-users] Re: Legend only once
@ 2022-08-09 19:48 ` Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2022-08-09 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Taraldsen, flent-users

Erik Taraldsen <eriktar@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to automate testing and graphing with flent.  For my purposes it
> probably will make sense to use CDF and box plots.  However flent draws
> them differently.  In the CDF plot the legend is off to the right.  For box
> plot, the legend also is written vertically, and due to my long legends, is
> quite unreadable.  Fiddling with all legend options I can find on cli I'm
> not able to disable them.
>
> Anybody with a way to disable them?

Disabling the axis labels entirely is not possible (but you can remove
the regular legend with --no-legend). I usually use a combination of
--filter-legend --replace-legend, --filter-regexp, or straight up
--override-label to get sane axis markers for box plots (relying on just
the colours from the to-the-side legend quickly stops being legible once
you add more series to a box plot).

-Toke

* [Flent-users] Re: Legend only once
@ 2022-08-09 20:01   ` Dave Taht
From: Dave Taht @ 2022-08-09 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen; +Cc: Erik Taraldsen, flent-users

OT... Those latency numbers are spectacular. Any hint as to why? :)

@ 2022-08-10  5:59     ` Erik Taraldsen
From: Erik Taraldsen @ 2022-08-10  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Taht; +Cc: flent-users

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 10:01 PM Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com> wrote:

> OT... Those latency numbers are spectacular. Any hint as to why? :)

Oh, I'm afraid the explanation is that we are hitting the BW limit on the
server rather than on the wifi.  We are working on the process at the
moment.  Will be switching over to the setup propper shortly. I'm expecting
non-spectacular results for a while.

-Erik

* [Flent-users] Re: Legend only once
@ 2022-09-09 12:39       ` Dave Taht
From: Dave Taht @ 2022-09-09 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Taraldsen; +Cc: flent-users

Hopefully we mostly fixed the mt76 chips recently,
 https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6973288514096414720/

ax is still a pita

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/