Flent-users discussion archives
From: Sebastian Moeller <moeller0@gmx.de>
To: Pete Heist <pete@heistp.net>
Cc: flent-users <flent-users@flent.org>
Subject: Re: [Flent-users] total throughput for rrul test on WiFi
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:40:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Pete,

> On Jun 26, 2018, at 00:40, Pete Heist <pete@heistp.net> wrote:
>
> The rrul test over a point-to-point WiFi link cuts the total TCP throughput considerably below that of rrul_be. For example, on an 802.11n 20MHz MCS 15 link:
>
> rrul_be: ~90mbit
> rrul: ~30-45mbit

	I believe this is simply showing the cost of using the non-aggregating AC_VO that also has an advantage of getting airtime, using that will considerably lower the achievable goodput over the wifi channel. Add to this that with RRUL both ends will send traffic that should be classified AC_VO and the half-duplex nature of current wifi specs and there might simply be much less total goodput available than one would fancy...

> I think this came up before, but could the standard rrul test be exceeding the 802.11e spec in terms of how much bandwidth it's using for some access categories?

	Is there a standard for this?